The Louisiana Chapter of the Head and Neck Cancer Alliance is located in Shreveport, where there is a strong clinical practice in head and neck surgery at Feist-Weiller Cancer Center at LSU Health Shreveport.
The Louisiana Chapter partners with Feist-Weiller Cancer Center and the LSU Health Shreveport Dept. of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery to offer FREE head and neck cancer screenings. These screenings are available in multiple locations in north Louisiana thanks to Feist-Weiller Cancer Center’s Partners in Wellness mobile screening unit as well as the Chapter’s imagination and creativity.
Teamwork, community support, and committed generous volunteers make these events both fun and successful!
- Free screenings at the local minor league baseball games
- Presentations focused on HPV and other oral cancer risk factors at Louisiana universities
- Free screenings across the state via the group’s mobile screening unit
- Free screenings and educational programs at Shreveport Bossier Rescue Mission, a local homeless shelter
- Educational event and free screening held at local Fire Station
- Early detection education and free screenings at the Barksdale Air Force Base Air Show, where the group met Nicolas Cage and the Thunderbirds! Check out the rest of the great initiatives that the Louisiana Chapter hosted!