Father, President of Ashar Group, LLC, & Survivor of HPV-attributed Tonsil Cancer; Maitland, FL
Jason, a stage IV HPV-attributed tonsil cancer survivor, serves on the Board of Directors and Executive Committee of the Head and Neck Cancer Alliance. First diagnosed in May 2014, he underwent a radical tonsillectomy, neck dissection (42 lymph nodes removed from his neck) followed by seven weeks of chemo, radiation and a feeding tube.
Jason made the decision to share his cancer story publicly so that others could learn about HPV oropharyngeal cancer, oral cancer screening, and the HPV vaccine. He has also launched a website, www.SupermanHPV.com, in September 2017, to inspire, educate and encourage others diagnosed with HPV-attributed oropharyngeal cancer.
Passionate about cancer awareness, Jason hopes to eliminate HPV head and neck cancer for future generations. When he was first diagnosed, he made videos to his kids that went something like this, “One day you are going to get married, and I am not going to be there. This is what is the most important.” He is fueled to educate parents about the HPV vaccine and about oral cancer screenings so that one day no parent will ever have to make a video similar to the ones he made for his kids back in 2014.
Jason Mendelsohn is co-founder and President of Ashar Group, LLC, a privately held, nationally licensed firm specializing in the secondary market for life insurance. He serves on the board of the AdventHealth Central Florida Cancer Institute Foundation and the Jewish Pavilion of Central Florida.
Jason and his wife, Ronni, are the proud parents of three children.
- SCIENTIFIC PEER REVIEW OF CONGRESSIONALLY DIRECTED MEDICAL RESEARCH PROGRAMS’ PEER-REVIEWED CANCER RESEARCH PROGRAM FOR THE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE
- More Stars Join Stand Up to Cancer Roadblock Fundraising Telecast and Streaming Event
- HNCA Supports Stand Up To Cancer As Seventh Biennial Roadblock Telecast Returns On August 21, 2021
- HPV-Attributed Head and Neck Cancer: A New Treatment on the Horizon
- Support Resources for Head and Neck Cancer Patients, Survivors and Caregivers