The South Carolina Community Chapter, located in Charleston, SC, holds events throughout the state to help educate people about oral, head and neck cancers as well as raise money to help those battling the disease.
Yearly events include school talks at local Lowcountry schools; screenings at regional events like the Family Circle Cup Tennis Tournament and Cancer’s A Beach 5K; and patient support events like the Head and Neck Cancer Awareness Banquet and the Survivor’s Retreat, both for patients and their families who have fought and continue to fight this disease.
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact, Alissa Yeargin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alissa Yeargin: Co-President: email@example.com
Julie Blair: Past President: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rob Blyth: Treasurer
Holly Bard: Secretary: email@example.com
TK Garris: Screening Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
- UPCOMING eVENTS
- Past Events
- Photo Gallery
No upcoming events at this time.
- Provox Life: Breathe better, whatever you do!
Wednesday, May 19, 2021 | 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm EST
To register, email: email@example.com
- Integrative Medicine Webinar
Wednesday, December 9, 2020 | 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm EST
Watch the recording
- Virtual Head and Neck Cancer Support Group Meeting
Wednesday, May 20, 2020 | 7:00 pm – 7:40 pm
The SC Chapter is very excited to be able to offer an opportunity for patients and their providers to gather during this time of social distancing (albeit virtually), to discuss relevant topics and concerns. This meeting will take place on Zoom— please see the attached flyer for information on how to access the Zoom Meeting.
During this meeting, Dr. Mariangela Rivera of SCENT will share some helpful information about safety for Laryngectomees and Head and Neck Cancer survivors during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Download the event flyer here!
- A Celebration of Life & Hope | Saturday, April 13, 2019 | 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Fluor Field at the West End, Champions Club Room | 935 South Main Street, Greenville, SC 29601
- Join us for an evening of music, food, and fellowship. A special menu will accommodate those with a range of dietary requirements. This event is free for Head and Neck Cancer Survivors and one guest. Additional supporters are welcome to attend at $40 per person.
Download the event flyer here!
South Carolina Head & Neck Cancer Gathering (2/2: Nutrition & Healthy Eating: Strategies and Recipes for Success) Head and Neck Cancer Gathering Feb 2018
Charleston Awareness Rocks (1/25: 6:30PM-9PM)
South Carolina Head & Neck Cancer Gathering (12/1: Speech & Swallowing: How to Get Back to Eating, Drinking, and Socializing After Cancer Treatment; 2/2: Nutrition & Healthy Eating: Strategies and Recipes for Success)Head and Neck Cancer Gathering Dec 2017
Hike for Mike (10/7: 9AM) Hike for Mike 2017
Head and Neck Cancer Gathering (10/13: 12PM – 1PM)Head Neck Cancer Gathering Oct 2017
Charleston Area Talks (4/3-4/17)
Survivor's Celebration (4/7/17)
OHANCA Screenings Volvo Car Open(4/2-7/17)
A Celebration of Life & Hope: 4/13/19
- Imagine a Life Where You Can’t Eat or Drink
- COVID-19 is on Track to Increase Incidence of Head and Neck Cancer
- Parul Dua Makkar, DDS shares her brother’s story, a young dentist who passed away from oral cancer
- Scientific Peer Review of Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs’ Peer-Reviewed Cancer Research Program for The Department of Defense
- More Stars Join Stand Up to Cancer Roadblock Fundraising Telecast and Streaming Event