Tag: Cancer Survivor
Being a close friend with an oral cancer survivor, students from the VB tech center dental assisting HOSA chapter have decide to coordinate a 5k for oral cancer research and awareness. Volunteering every Monday to see patients in our clinic at the tech center, it has come to our attention that there is an incredible.
LAKERS NATION PODCAST | LOS ANGELES LAKERS, NBA COVERAGEFormer NBA great and tongue cancer survivor, Michael Cooper, gets serious about screenings and his campaign with the Head and Neck Cancer Alliance. He noticed a ‘slit’ on his tongue about 3 1/2 years ago and found out he had tongue cancer with no past family history.
Medical and dental centers throughout the U.S. will take part in 20th annual OHANCAW®, April 8-15CHARLESTON, SC, MARCH 23, 2018 – Michael Cooper, LA Lakers legend and an oral cancer survivor, is joining forces with the Head and Neck Cancer Alliance to promote the benefits of screenings and early detection during an annual nationwide campaign.
By: Stewart Lyman, Ph.D., HPV-related Tonsil Cancer Survivor You don’t have to be an oncologist to know that fighting cancer is tough. Nearly 1.7 million Americans will be diagnosed with cancer this year, and about 600,000 will die from the disease. But here’s some good news: overall U.S. cancer deaths have been in a steep.
By: Don Sublett, Stage VI Tongue Cancer Survivor and HNCA Ambassador What does a person need in order to make it through the difficult treatment for any head and neck cancer, or for that matter any cancer? The obvious things immediately come to mind: ideally, an early diagnosis, good doctors, a solid treatment plan with.
- Supercharge Your Kid’s Cancer Fighting Power
- Lisa Reed, Tonsil Cancer Survivor, Featured on HealthCentral
- HNCA CEO to Moderate Oncology Panel Discussion
- Lakers Podcast: Michael Cooper On The 17-18 Season, Battling Cancer, & A Secret Workout With Kobe Bryant
- Michael Cooper, NBA Champion and Tongue Cancer Survivor Urges Public to Attend Free Local Screenings During Oral, Head and Neck Cancer Awareness Week® (OHANCAW)