HNCA is proud to support head and neck cancer patients with assistance to and from their cancer treatments. In 2021, HNCA provided more than 800 patients with gas gift cards totaling $35,000.
To be eligible for this program, patients must:
- Have a recent diagnosis of head and neck cancer (Cancers of the brain, eye, esophagus, thyroid, and early cancers of the skin of face and scalp do not qualify for this program.)
- Be participating in a current/active treatment regimen (e.g., chemotherapy, radiation therapy, surgery, immunotherapy, etc.)
- Live in the United States
- Have their applications submitted by a member of their care team (nurse, patient navigator, medical social worker, etc.). Applications submitted directly by the patient, patient's family/friends, or other non-medical caregivers are not accepted.
Please know that the HNCA Gas Card Program, offered to head and neck cancer patients who are currently in treatment, provides a one-time-only $50 gas card grant to assist patients with transportation costs. Be sure to periodically check back for status updates.
For patients and survivors, we encourage you to join our online support community as well as spend time on our website. We offer a host of educational materials to help you through your cancer journey and beyond.
- Imagine a Life Where You Can’t Eat or Drink
- COVID-19 is on Track to Increase Incidence of Head and Neck Cancer
- Parul Dua Makkar, DDS shares her brother’s story, a young dentist who passed away from oral cancer
- Scientific Peer Review of Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs’ Peer-Reviewed Cancer Research Program for The Department of Defense
- More Stars Join Stand Up to Cancer Roadblock Fundraising Telecast and Streaming Event