HNCA is proud to support head and neck cancer patients with financial assistance to get to and from their cancer treatments. In 2019, HNCA provided nearly 900 patients with gas gift cards totaling $45,000, the largest amount ever.
PLEASE NOTE: Cancers of the brain, eye, esophagus, thyroid gland, and early cancers of the skin of the face and scalp are not classified as head and neck cancers for the purposes of gas card distribution.
To be eligible for this program, patients must:
- Have a recent diagnosis of head and neck cancer (Cancers of the brain, eye, esophagus, thyroid, and early cancers of the skin of face and scalp do not qualify for this program.)
- Be participating in a current/active treatment regimen (e.g., chemotherapy, radiation therapy, surgery, immunotherapy, etc.)
- Live in the United States
- Have their applications submitted by a member of their care team (nurse, patient navigator, medical social worker, etc.). Applications submitted directly by the patient, patient's family/friends, or other non-medical caregivers are not accepted.
Please know that the HNCA Gas Card Program, offered to head and neck cancer patients who are currently in treatment, provides a one-time-only $50 gas card grant to assist patients with transportation costs. Be sure to periodically check back for status updates.
For patients and survivors, we encourage you to join our online support community as well as spend time on our website. We offer a host of educational materials to help you through your cancer journey and beyond.
- HNCA Ambassador, Melvin LeBlanc’s Cancer Experience: Signs, Symptoms and Side Effects
- HNCA Partners with Mediaplant for Oral Health Campaign
- HNCA is Partnering with Stand Up To Cancer to Fund for Cancer Research
- HNCA Ambassador and Oral Cancer Survivor, Jacki Rogozinski, Shares Her Experience with Lymphedema (Part 1)
- HNCA Ambassador and 12-Year Cancer Survivor, Mike Metzler, is Fundraising for the HNCA Through His Book Royalties